A Facebook business page is a very important marketing tool and a good way to help your potential clients find you on the Internet. Here’s a step-by step guide to help you set up your business page:
- If you do not already have a Facebook account, create one at facebook.com.
- Create your page. Go to facebook.com/pages, choose your country, and click Create Page in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select the category Local Business and Place. Select a subcategory from the dropdown menu (for example, Pet Services).
- Once you select the category for your business, you can fill in your clinic’s name, address, and phone number. Check the box next to I agree to Facebook Pages Terms, and click Get Started.
- Add a profile image. Upload a logo, a photo of your clinic, or a photo of a person to your page—whatever makes the most sense for building your brand. The file needs to be smaller than 4 MB and should be square.
- You will now see your Admin Panel. You can add a cover photo by clicking on Add a Cover and selecting a photo that will best grab your fans’ attention. For example, you could add an image of staff members with a pet or an image of your clinic. This photo should be 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels high. If you choose a photo that isn’t these dimensions, the image can be repositioned to show the part of the image you prefer.
- Suggest the page to your friends, clients, and contacts. Click on Build Audience at the top of the Admin Panel to reach out to your email contacts about your new Facebook page. You can upload a file, or you can enter your email login info so Facebook can access people in your email contact list. You can check the box next to the names you’d like to invite, and you can preview the invitation to see what it will look like. People who are already on Facebook will get a Recommended Pages widget on their Facebook page, while everyone else will get an email that invites them to sign up to Facebook so they can like your page.
- Start writing content. Once you have a photo uploaded and have a few fans on board, you can start engaging with them. Keep your clients up-to-date on clinic events, and spread the word about your services. You can even highlight special discounts or deals for your Facebook fans. Once you have at least 25 fans, you can customize the address of your page.
- For more information, visit the Facebook help center at facebook.com/help/pages.